Hey there! I'm Mark Struczewski ~ Mister Productivity.
Born and raised in North Chili, New York (a western suburb of Rochester), I moved to Houston, Texas, in July 1997 (no more snow, YAY!).
My obsession is to help YOU become a more productive version of yourself.
But before I tell you how I do that, let me share with you how I got into the wonderful world of productivity.
It all started when I was fired!
Back in July 2005, I was fired from my job at a local hospital. To be honest, I didn't like what I was doing. It was a drag.
So, when I was terminated, I became an entrepreneur.
My first step into this new world was as a professional wedding and portrait photographer.
While that endeavor didn't end well, one good thing came out of it: my love for public speaking (which is odd as I never liked giving oral presentations in school or college).
I left photography behind and began to create topics to speak about.
I'm embarrassed to admit that the first one was titled From Hopeless to Hopeful (please don't ask!). Result? Fail!
Then I came up with How to Overcome Roadblocks on Your Path to Success. (Note to self: if you're not successful, don't create a talk about how to be successful!) Result? Fail!
At this point, I was at my wit's end. I knew I wanted to speak, to teach...but in what?
And then it happened...!
I was on the phone with my coach and was not having a good day.
They asked what was going on, and I told them I couldn't figure out what I want to speak on.
That's when they said, "why don't you talk about productivity?"
I remember saying, "I don't know where that came from...but why would you say that?"
"You are one of the most productive people I know. You need to share that with the world."
And that's how I got here.
Now, let me ask you...
Can you relate to these questions?
Do you struggle with getting stuff done?
Have you ever felt like there aren't enough hours in the day?
Have you given up hope?
Are you sick and tired of being interrupted constantly?
Is all the noise of our world (social media, email, television, video games, etc.) giving you migraines?
Don't give up!
In my journey, I have discovered strategies that work (and some that don't). I invite you to come along on my journey.
Yes. A journey. I don't have all this productivity stuff figured out (no one does, honestly), so I have embarked on a journey to discover what works and, maybe more importantly, what doesn't.
I don't know where this journey will take me. But I've got my bags packed, my passport, a willingness to learn, and have accepted that some beliefs may be shattered by new research and data.
Won't you join me?
By the way, you can call me Ski (skee). That's my nickname and what I prefer.
Fun fact: I am the one and only Mark Struczewski in the entire world. How cool is that?
Now, before I go on, let me address my last name.
I know it's not an easy name, but it's pronounced Stru Chess Skee.
See? That's not so bad.
Want to know more about me?
I’ll keep it simple and random with these 11 facts.
- I get up at 5 AM, 7 days a week. After reading The 5 AM Club by Robin Sharma, I decided to give this a try. Since February 4, 2020, I've only missed getting up at 5 am once.
- I’ve been running at least one mile a day every day since August 29, 2017. During hurricane Harvey - which dropped nearly 51" of rain on Houston, TX (where I live), I read an article on Runners World that had a headline similar to "what I learned from running at least one mile a day for 250 days." I thought to myself, "I can do that," and I started the day after Harvey left and haven't missed a day since.
- I’ve been reading the Bible every day since August 13, 2016. This is a non-negotiable thing I do every morning. No exceptions.
- My beverage of choice is mountain spring water. I used to drink soda all the time but when I learned how bad it is for me and how good water is, I switched to drinking water every day. On those days when I drink something else (anything else), I don't feel as good.
- I launched The Mark Struczewski Podcast on August 7, 2017. In the spring of 2017, I heard entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk say the future is voice and audio. As a former radio disk jockey (now known as "air personalities"), I thought I could do this. So, I Googled "how to start a podcast," and the rest is history.
- Favorite musical artist: Hillsong UNITED
- Favorite beverage: Fiji (Ozarka Mountain Spring water is my backup)
- Favorite time of the year: Christmas!
- Favorite exercise: running!
- What I listen to while running: Christian hip hop
- I'm all-in with Apple. I own an iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iMac, AirPods, Apple HomePod, and Apple TV and use iCloud Drive. We also subscribe to Apple Music and Apple TV+.
If you have any questions about anything I sell or promote or have any other questions, just let me know by clicking here.
I have been married to Michelle for over seventeen years. I have two grown daughters from a previous marriage. We live in Houston, Texas. I am unashamedly a believer in Jesus Christ and attend my church weekly. In my life, it is Jesus first, my beautiful bride Michelle second, followed by my family and everyone else. I was born blind in my left eye and am voluntarily bald (since 2003).
Get Productivity Tips That I Only Share With Email Subscribers
Become a Mark Struczewski Insider and get the top 5 productivity tips for free!
I won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.