Do You Need a Coach?Feb 15, 2019
Do you need a coach?
The short answer is: only if you want to become a better person than you are today!
There's a reason high performers are high performers: they seek out help (in coaches) to help them keep getting better. If high performers invest in coaches, why wouldn't you?
It never ceases to amaze me that most successful (and wealthy) people hire multiple coaches while people who are not, don’t. And they don’t improve. Or if they do, it is a slower process.
13 reasons why you should consider hiring a productivity coach
- You're stuck and don’t know what to do next.
- You feel as if you are working hard but not accomplishing much. You’re not accountable to anyone.
- You have no peace or joy in your life because you are either working too hard or not working on what you need to be working on.
- You have a fear of taking the next step.
- You can’t seem to get started.
- You feel overwhelmed by everything you have to do.
- You'd like someone unbiased to talk to about your challenges.
- To get encouragement/confidence.
- To help you see where you need improvement. Sometimes, you can’t see the forest for the trees.
- To help you create a clear vision.
- To correct bad habits.
- Take you out of your comfort zone.
What to look for in a coach
Before you start to search, be clear on what your needs are. Or at least what you believe them to be.
Don’t make money the determining factor. In most cases, you get what you pay for. I’ve paid for coaches that weren’t worth a nickel. But that was my fault because I broke the rule…
Don’t believe the hype. Don’t get excited about all that they say.
Review their site, search them out online. What do others think of them?
This is all before that first call.
When you have the initial call, keep in mind it is an interview. You are seeing if you like them. No matter how good they are, if you don’t like them, I would recommend you flee.
After you hire them, tell them how you feel. If something happens you don’t like, don’t let it go.
Your coaching experience depends on the coach AND you.
What is your takeaway from this article?
If you need a productivity coach, I can help. Click here to find out how.
Get Productivity Tips That I Only Share With Email Subscribers
Become a Mark Struczewski Insider and get the top 5 productivity tips for free!
I hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.