13 Ways to Be GratefulFeb 26, 2020
How grateful are you every day?
Here are 13 ideas for how to be more grateful. Let's start a grateful movement in our world together.
When I searched for “ways to express gratitude”, it returned 58 million results!
How grateful are you?
What does grateful mean?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary
- appreciative of benefits received
- affording pleasure or contentment : PLEASING
- pleasing by reason of comfort supplied or discomfort alleviated
13 ways you can express gratitude
- Be an active listener. Don’t be on your phone - don’t even have it out. Don’t look around to other people. Don’t be thinking about what you have to do next. Be fully present. Make eye contact with them (but not in a creepy way).
- Give out sincere compliments. Give a detailed example of appreciation. Don’t go overboard here. Say what you have to say and no more. People can sense if you’re complimenting them to get something from them.
- Volunteer for unpleasant tasks. Everyone has those tasks that they do that they don’t want to do. Offer to do one (or more) for them. Maybe they have kids but haven’t had a date night in a while. Offer to babysit or pay for a babysitter of their choice.
- Give a hug (with permission). One of the things I learned when I volunteered in Second Students ministry at our church that I still do to this day: always give side hugs for members of the opposite sex. I find this put everyone at ease.
- Just be there. Tell them you’re there if they have anything they want to talk about—and let them know they have your full attention. You don’t even have to talk.
- Give them something of yours that you think they would enjoy, and let them know specifically why you want them to have it.
- Invite them to do something you know they’ve always wanted to do.
- Compliment them on a talent, skill, or strength that you admire.
- Look them straight in the eyes and say, “You make the world a better place.”
- Write a blog post or create a video about how someone helped you see things differently and tag them in it.
- Give a larger tip than usual.
- Smile when you order or enlist their assistance.
- Exhibit patience, even if you’re in a hurry.
These are just 13 suggestions.
Whether you choose one of these or another one, I implore you to choose to be grateful.
Get Productivity Tips That I Only Share With Email Subscribers
Become a Mark Struczewski Insider and get productivity tips and exclusive content that I only share with email subscribers!
I guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will not be shared.