The Struggle with PatienceJul 14, 2021
This post is not for you.
It's for me.
Because I'm struggling with being patient at the moment, I need to clear my head.
And I do that by writing.
I know life is more like slow-cooking barbeque all day on a grill than using a microwave or an InstantPot.
But, my glory!
Here are just a few things I'm struggling with at the moment:
- losing weight. I want to lose a mere 16 pounds. Of course, it doesn't help that I keep eating 💩!
- growing my email list (if you join, you'll get my top 5 productivity tips for free!).
- increasing my followers on LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, Gettr, Parler, and others (I post wherever I can!).
- reading all the books I want to read. I'm currently reading four (yes, four!) books: two personal development (day reading), one fiction (before bed), and the Bible (every day, every year, cover-to-cover).
- learning French. Being a content creator (writer, podcaster, social media creator) is easy for me. Learning a new language? Not so much.
If I had the choice, I would not want these things to come easily for me.
Because the struggle makes me a better person.
Maybe not in the moment...but it does make me stronger.
Think for a moment of the struggles you're dealing with.
What if these struggles went away in an instant?
Sure, you might be thankful at the time...but what about later?
Consider professional athletes: Tom Brady, LeBron James, Mike Trout, or Alex Ovechkin. They didn't get to where they are without struggling over many hours, days, months, and years.
I'm sure that there were times when they grew impatient.
When they wanted to give up.
But they didn't.
They stuck with it...and look at where they are now.
Consider your struggles a blessing instead of a "curse" and see how you feel.
Let me know. I'd really like to know.
Thanks for reading.
10 Quick Ways to Conquer Overwhelm
This free guide will help you quickly deal with overwhelm so you can get back to making the impact you’ve dreamed of.
I guarantee 100% privacy. Your information will not be shared.